Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Still Crazy, After All These Years ...."

I have a strong wish to be seen as devil-may-care and unconventional, but what am I, really?

Since I have an unwillingness to have Helen, my youngest daughter living at loose ends as I did for so many years, I suspect I'm a great deal more conventional than I thought.

I believe it is only I, myself, who have the right to be outrageous. What a self-centered old windbag I can be at times!

However, I do think I am one of the true originals still left on the planet. I am still ready to dare, to sample, to explore. I have a real terror of having my childen and grandchildren cross over into danger, but what is it that makes me willing to move outside the commonplace? The willingness to move into the danger zone myself - to go against what "everybody knows".

After all, how many atheist, nudist 62-year-old grandmothers who love to crochet and explore the Canadian arctic can there be?

Especially when you consider that I am a tax preparer and public relations person. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment