Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"And on the second day ...."

There is a deep unrest in me. Thank goodness I live in a place where the very view from my window and smell of the air is calming. But I want to travel, too! What on earth does one do when home is so very lovely, but elsewhere is compelling?

It's true that I travel in books, and by audio and email and magazines. But my physical body wants to be somewhere else also.

The sky up in the Canadian Arctic is a totally different blue. The same can be said for Hawaii and Florida. In Ohio it isn't a different blue so much as cloudscapes that reach heights that Issaquah clouds never dreamed of. Sunsets are "other".

I wonder about Europe. So many places, so little time and money. Portugal, Italy, St Petersburg, Greece. India! Darjeeling, Calcutta, Bombay. The Yangtze River Valley. Okinawa, Hokaido, New Zealand. If I want it, I can do it. Do I want to be absent from this place that long?

I'm lousy at priorities. Fixing that is a priority all its own, and comes first, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment