Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Wow! How did you all get out there?

I just arrived, and here you all are, already! How did it happen? I was alone last time I looked. Then a-sudden, the world is full. People. Other people. And all those thoughts! How can you think them all? I can scarcely keep track of my own. Has it always been this way?

And how come, at 62 years, I all of a sudden have all these questions? Really. Does everyone inspect minute patches of their skin looking for patterns? And eyes! All the scintillating little lines and dots of a thousand colors. And with life in them, too.

I watched three grandchildren this weekend. They're different people already! The middle one said to the youngest, in the heat of arguement, "Bite me!" So the little one did. Hard. Some day he won't do that, but I'll bet he'll still think it.

No comments:

Post a Comment